Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary Fig

Here we have it, the anniversary fig!
OK, it's a Brown Turkey fig. But, we planted it in celebration of our 2nd anniversary, so that makes it the Anniversary Fig in my book. My grandparents had a Brown Turkey fig tree at their house in Houston, and one of my best memories of childhood is climbing up into the tree when I would go visit and eating the figs out of the top branches. I felt like a monkey!
Maybe one day this little tree will be big enough that some as yet unborn child could climb up into its branches to eat figs.



Artichoke in the zinnias. I have planted four artichokes, along the side/back of the garden. Here's one of them.



Monster Eggplant!! Doesn't that look good! Eggplant is definitely the most voluptuous vegetable.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed wishing you a happy anniversary on time! So happy belated anniversary! (-: I think planting a celebratory fig tree is a fantastic idea.
    The eggplant is beautiful - it looks like a tulip.

    ReplyDelete